Monday, July 25, 2005

Costs of retirement challenge businesses, boomers
[22 July 2005 - East Bay Business Times] It is true that the idea of retirement is changing. Instead of moving to a warmer climate to play golf, many people are shifting from careers that put bread on the table to more creative endeavors that offer a richer sense of fulfillment. The question of what to do after 65 certainly has affected the planning process. Yet the question of how to pay for it is not simple, especially with pensions at companies like United Airlines and with Social Security under threat. ...

2 Comments:

At August 7, 2005 at 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've decided to leave my career because of the limitations for the application of my skills and experience. I'm looking forward to being able to put my full efforts into issues that are important to me.
I think something that is often overlooked about SS is that the boomer generation is now comming of age and beginning to draw benefits. We will represent such a large voting block that any move to curtail promised benefits will be blocked. Who knows, we might have to give up a few moonwalks or firing a couple of tomohawk missles.

 
At August 9, 2005 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home